“If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his need—how can God’s love reside in him? Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action.” – 1 John 3:17-18
The Deacons of Crossroads Community Church are ministers of mercy who come alongside of people who are in crisis or challenging circumstances and offer help in assessing needs and working to find solutions.
Deacons are responsible for:
- Administering benevolence with generosity and discretion.
- Mobilizing the congregation for works of justice and mercy both within and outside of the church.
- Cultivating compassion and mercy and promoting Biblical Stewardship within the congregation.
Some of the ways the Deacons help Crossroads members and regular attendees are:
- Assistance with bills (rent, utilities, medical, etc.)
- Assistance in finding temporary or long-term housing
- Assistance in paying for Counseling Services (or by providing free counseling through the pastoral staff)
- Assistance for those who are looking for employment
- Assistance with personal budgeting
- Prayer, spiritual guidance and accountability
- Emergency Food and Gas Gift Certificates
- Referrals to support services throughout the community and region
If you are a regular attender or member at Crossroads, and are in need of practical help, please contact your deacon:
|Your Last Initial||Deacon|
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
The deacons help to mobilize the Crossroads Family to provide meals, transportation, child care and other practical needs for families and individuals who are experiencing unemployment, sickness and other short-term crises. Contact Gene Gleba, for more information, or click here to take our Crossroads Cares Survey.